A study commissioned by dog walking service Wag found that when it comes to dating, people trust their dogs to pick a partner. The research found that four out of five dog owners say their dog's reaction to a potential partner influences their decision of whether or not to date them. And 86 percent of dog owners say they would break up with someone who wasn't into their dog.
- 30 percent of dog owners say they have used their dog to attract a potential partner.
- 60 percent say they have been flirted with while walking their dog.
- 73 percent of dog owners say they are more likely to swipe right on someone's profile pic if it includes their dog.
- 78 percent are more likely to go home with someone if they also have a dog.
- 16 percent of married dog owners say they would choose to celebrate their dog’s birthday over their spouse's.