THE WORLD’S HIGHEST PAID ATHLETES
Forbes magazine crunched the numbers and figured out that the 100 athletes who earned the biggest salaries in the last year took in a staggering $3.1 billion.
Here’s a rundown of the Top 10 highest paid athletes in the world:
- Cristiano Ronaldo, $93 million (Soccer, Portugal)
- LeBron James, $86.2 million (Basketball, U.S.)
- Lionel Messi, $80 million (Soccer, Argentina)
- Roger Federer, $64 million (Tennis, Switzerland)
- Kevin Durant, $60.6 million (Basketball, U.S.)
- Andrew Luck, $50 million (Football, U.S.)
- Rory McIlroy, $50 million (Golf, U.K.)
- Stephen Curry, $47.3 million (Basketball, U.S.)
- James Harden, $46.6 million (Basketball, U.S.)
- Lewis Hamilton, $46 million (Racing, U.K.)
A few other notables include Tiger Woods at #17, who somehow earned $37.1 million, Conor McGregor at #23 with $34 million and Albert Pujols – one of the worst players in baseball – landing at #49, raking in $27.3 million.