He spent months working on different recipes and variations, but now he's claiming he has nailed it. He shared a video on his Twitter account of the perfect recipe and how he got to it. If you're wanting to make the recipe at home while in quarantine, here's his recipe.
- 5 cups of flour
- 4 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of white pepper & garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon of celery salt
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1/2 a tablespoon of oregano and thyme
- 1/2 of a tablespoon of sea salt
Then once the flour and seasonings are added together, he used 3 parts of the mix to one part of self-raising flour, before giving the chicken an egg wash and rolling it in the seasoning before frying it in hot oil (162.5C to be exact) for five to six minutes. He pops it in a pre-heated 80C oven for batch cooking and then gives it a final 90-second fry before serving.
Photo: Getty Images